Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Recovery Day 9, 10, and 11

     Sunday was a good day. Knees felt good just tight. My son, Jason, and his wife, Shelley, and their dog, Brooks, came for lunch. We were also joined by G-mama and Gogo, my mother and mother in law.   Names given them by Jason when he was a little boy. We cooked hamburgers on the grill and had a great visit. 
     Monday was back to the doctor day. Amy and I picked up G-mama about 11:00 and headed to Bham.  We dropped mom by the hospital to visit with my sister and headed to the doctor's office.  The nurse removed the stitches and the doctor said he repaired torn meniscus in each knee. The left was more extensive than the right. He said that I needed to get on the exercise bike and pedal aggressively for the next two weeks. I can resume all activities walking, running, etc.  I told him I did not think I was up for running just yet. He said that swimming would be an excellent thing to do. He also said to lose 25 to 30 pounds before backpacking again.  When we left the doc we went to visit my sister and pick up mom.  By the time we finally got home my knees were swollen and hurting. I know I overdid it. 
     Tuesday, today, we got up early and headed to see Emily, Craig, and Kale one last time before they move to Texas.  Knees are still swollen from yesterday but I kept ice on them on the ride over.  We will visit today. Then take them out for supper and drive back home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment