Saturday, April 26, 2014

Day 4


If I was keeping score it would be Mountains 4 Me 0.  Today was the worst yet. Back aches , shoulders hurt bad, stomach aches, feet ache, knees are hurting. On a scale of 10 my pain is 14.  I am carrying way to much weight on me and my pack.  Even though I thought I was drinking enough water the heat today caused me to sweat it all out   I felt like I was going to pass out at least 2 times.  Took 2 long rests so I could get enough strength to keep going.  Finally made it to Woods Hole Shelter.  I am the only one here so I will pitch my tent in the shelter.  The bear cannister was required between Jarrard Gap and Neel Gap so it has done some good. I will send it home at Mountain Crossing tomorrow.  If I can get rehydrated and a good nights sleep I will tackle Blood Mountain in the mourning   I only covered 4 miles today after getting a late start.  My washed clothes needed to dry. 

I also thought I would so the resting log that was one of many put there for me. 


I only needed 100 of them to make it through the day.  I will try to make it to Blood Mountain Cabins tomorrow and then take a zero day there. More to come later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment