Sunday, January 4, 2015

January 4

     Christmas is over and 2015 has begun.  Time to settle in for the new year.  My new exercise program will begin in the morning.  I will start with logging everything I eat, using my fitness app on my ipad.  I will also start daily walking with a minimum of 2 miles at the track at Veteran's Park.  Also I plan to add treadmill walking 30 minutes a day.  I will try this for the rest of January, then consider other ideas.
     I also have other activities to do.  I plan to begin my woodworking by building two beds.  The first thing to do is to clean out one of my buildings so I can have room to work on this.  Right now the building is so full I can barely get into the door.  When I retired I took everything I had accumulated over the years and instead of going through it then, I just brought it home and threw it into that building.  Since I have been retired for over a year it is time for winter/spring cleaning.  I admit to being a hoarder, but it is time I got rid of almost everything.
     I seldom drive my truck, but drove it to town to walk on the Saturday before Christmas.  My wife met me at the track and we went to fill up with gas.  After I filled up the gas tank I discovered the truck was a leaking gas.  Half of the gas had drained out over the weekend.  The truck is a 1994 Mazda B3000 cab plus.  When I took it to find out about the leak, I discovered that the gas tank is no longer made for that model.  I made several inquiries online trying to find a new tank.  The day before Christmas eve I found a used one at a salvage yard in Munford, about 10 miles away.  My truck is now ready for hauling.  Looks like this week will be a lot of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment