Monday, February 24, 2014

Excited

Well it is almost time to start walking.  My wife and I will head for Amicalola Falls State Park in the morning.  We will spend the night there.  Wednesday morning she will return to Talladega, leaving me behind to start walking.  From Amicalola Falls there is an approach trail (8 miles) to Springer Mountain, the official start of the Appalachian Trail. I am a little concerned about my new boots.  These boots are high tops as opposed to the mid height boots I was wearing, therefore a little heavier.  After a hike of almost 6 miles, they seemed comfortable enough.  The problem started 24 hrs later with shin splints.  I hope this was just happening because of my legs adjusting to the boots and is not going to be a daily thing.  Will this be something I can overcome?  Time will tell.  In the mean time I don't think I will be able to sleep for the next two nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment