Friday, July 26, 2013

Training Started

No more work or should I say no more work that I will be paid for.  I have started my exercise routine.  Yesterday walked 4.2 miles, then downloaded an app called Map My Walk.  Used it to measure my walk today on a different route and did another 4.2 miles.  Yesterday's walk was along a busy street with no sidewalk.  I decided that was not really safe enough with all the traffic.  Today I followed sidewalks, but I did not intend to walk as far as I did.  I thought it would be a shorter route, but I was wrong.  I have decided to walk Monday - Friday and rest up on the weekends.  Route includes up hills and down.  Average time is 18 minutes/mile.  Looking forward to visiting the REI store in Atlanta to check out equipment like pack, tent, and other gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment